Happy World Radio Day, everybody! The 2018 theme is radio and sports, but never mind that.
As has been evident for some time, although wide adoption doubtless will take some time, podcasting is the new radio. It’s available on demand, episodic content, high quality and covering a bewildering number of finely sliced niche markets.
I wish I had the energy to launch my own podcast (on the enlightened holy practice of not giving a f**k), but en attendant Godot, here are some of my current favorites:
- More or less: Behind the stats – counting the numbers that count
- FT Tech Tonic: On regulating robots and making it to the future
- Hidden Brain: A pleasantly meandering walk in the mind
- In our time: History of ideas revealed
- Philosophize this!: The history of philosophy in likeable language
- The Bugle: Audio newspaper for a visual world